Original Design: Michelle G. Thibault
Re-design: Ryan McTeigue
Achieving a lean and toned body is a common fitness goal for many on their fitness journey. Dropping unwanted abdominal fat can be especially challenging!! This specific type of body fat that accumulates around the stomach area (also known as visceral fat) requires solid dedication to a health and fitness regimen to see actual results. Results that show when you look in the mirror.
And just because you’re not at the point where you feel you should be, does not mean that an ideal toned physique is that far out of reach. If you apply some of these science based fat burning strategies with consistency, over time, it is impossible to not see a positive result. And how far you take that depends purely on your vision and dedication.
With that in mind, we have collated evidenced-based strategies that achieve accelerated fat loss and target the abdominal section more than other areas of the body. Let’s dive in…….
ADD Soluble Fibers Daily
Soluble fiber absorbs water and turns into a gel that regulates the passing of food through your digestive system. Researches show that this type of fiber supports weight loss by decreasing the amount of calories your body absorbs from food and by helping you eat less because of the satiety it brings.
Make an effort to regularly consume excellent sources of soluble fiber such as; flax seeds, legumes, shirataki noodles, berries and nuts.
Ditch Refined Carbs and Processed foods
You do not have to follow a strict low carb diet and if you do you may fall off your fitness path altogether due to lack of energy! Studies suggest that by replacing refined carbs with unprocessed carbs can improve metabolic health and specifically reduce belly fat.
Due to being made up of natural cells, whole foods have markedly lower carbohydrate densities compared to flour and other processed products. The present hypothesis also suggests refined carbs and processed foods produce an inflammatory reaction in the body, with fat accumulation able to effect at “almost double” by increasing systemic absorption of lipopolysaccharides.
The well-known Framingham Heart Study also shows that people with the highest consumption of whole grains were 17% less likely to have excess visceral fat (stomach fat) than those who consumed diets high in refined grains.
The take home point is this – not all carbs are created equal. Refined and processed carbs create a drastic spike in blood sugar levels creating a cascade of negative effects, one major effect is stomach fat accumulation. Whereas consuming carbs such as; sweet potatos, vegetables and ancient grains regularly will actually stabilise blood sugar levels creating a cascade of positive effects including; muscle building from glycogen uptake into muscle and an increase of metabolism leading to extra fat burning from increased muscle building. Its a great positive cycle 🙂
So by mostly ditching the ‘refined & processed’ carbs and instead recategorising them as “cheat carbs” and scheduling them in your diet 1 x or 2 x per week will help keep you moving toward your goals and getting results while staying sane and energised! Eating Root vegetables, vegetables and ancient grains on the regular will only have positive results.
Fitness fans know that cardio burns calories and helps aid fat loss. Resistance training, also known as strength or weight training is known to be the most important training for preserving and gaining muscle mass. Combining 2 – 3 cardio routines of about 20-30 minutes of HIIIT training per week with 4-5 strength training sessions per week dramatically increases the rate of fat loss. There was even a study of overweight teenagers that shed significant amount of visceral fat when subjected to a combination of strength training and aerobic exercise.
Fat Burning Supplements that Work
- Fish oil supplements sourced from salmon, mackerel, shark and sardines are incredibly rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Multiple studies suggest that omega-3 and omega-6 may help reduce visceral fat, diminish inflammation, and protect from cardiovascular diseases.
- Elite Sarms – Hyper Lean® (SR9009) is popularly dubbed ‘exercise in a bottle’ due to its potent effect of modulating the body’s physiological response as though in a state of constant exercise. Even in the absence of physical exertion or training, with Elite Sarms – Hyper Lean® SR9009, metabolic pathways continue to stay high WITHOUT the ‘wired effect’ on the CNS, observed in almost ALL fat burners currently on the market. When training is then added on top, the results increase exponentially.
- As a REV-ERB α and β agonist, Elite Sarms – Hyper Lean® increases the basal metabolic rate and maintains energy homeostasis by altering the expression of genes involved in lipid and glucose metabolism. Studies show that intake of SR9009 decreases the storage of fat tissue, aids cholesterol and bile acid synthesis in the liver, and improves glucose and fatty acid oxidation to support skeletal muscle development.
- Elite Sarms – Cardio Shred® (Cardarine or GW0742) works by stimulating the catabolic pathways that are activated when we do our cardio exercises. Research results show a substantial increase on specific consumption of fatty acids and reduction of glucose utilization, which holds great promise in treating obesity and diminishing extra fat stores.
- Elite Sarms – Cardio Shred® burns fat, converting body fat to glucose to further the growth of skeletal muscles; it does all this without crashing blood sugar levels or overstimulating the adrenals and CNS. Studies also demonstrate that Cardarine/GW0742 efficiently enhances physical endurance therefore delaying exhaustion during training.
Other Intel Sources: